Ideaboard

Tips for getting more votes on your idea:

• Post one idea at a time. One clear idea is more likely to get votes than a post with an unclear ramble of ideas.
  • Finish the sentence: I want SportsPress to…
  • Post an idea, not a rant. You want people to understand your idea and vote for it, no one likes a complainer. Stay on topic.
  • Be kind. Please post your ideas and comments in a polite and constructive way. Rude comments and irrelevant posts will be removed.
  • Please do not post spam. This includes, but is not limited to: multiple or identical posts, commercial or personal advertisements, and links to your website or blog.
  • Questions? If you have any questions in regards to SportsPress, you can post them in the Community Forum.
  1. Users Submit Box Scores From Mobile Device

We cater for a lot of teams and we have many people who send us Match Results, Scorers and game updates via text, whatsapp, messenger etc but when you have in excess of 40 teams messaging you with multiple scorers the workload becomes huge to process all the box scores through the csv files and uploadthem. So like you can currently submit user scores could they we have an option for users to pick from a player dropdown and input box players scores too. People want the information fresh so that is next to impossible with the csv method. Most…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display different colours for form i.e. green for win, red for loss, grey for draw

It would be great if the form could have different coloured background boxes depending on the result i.e. green for win, red for loss, grey for draw

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add player name fields for first name and last name

Would be much easier to add player names and for myself choose what i want to show. Last names only in TOP SCORER list for example.

It should be two fields, FIRST NAME and LAST NAME with possibility to choose if i want to show LAST NAME first.

For example
    SMITH, John
    John Smith
    SMITH
    Smith

and so on..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Sportspress Pro support a forum + helpdesk.

The support forum for the Sportspress plugin on wordpress.org is a valuable resource. It allows me to search for an issue that I'm having and find a solution. It also allows me to see other questions and ideas (and potential workarounds) which helps me understand the plugin and improve my use of it.
    Using a helpdesk only approach to Pro support, means I have to submit a ticket for every question, most of which could probably be answered in a forum (which would be more dynamic than the support pages, which don't seem to contain anything on User Scores, which…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Team rosters on team pages (i.e. connect Teams, Players)

Rather than having to create a separate player list for each team (a royal pain with many leagues/teams), integrate teams and players.

Ideally, this would mean that a roster of players (all, current, past) could be created/viewed on the team page editor itself. Adding a new player via the editor would then automatically add the team as current to this player, assuming he's not already associated.

Then, it would be possible with a single shortcode to display the roster (again: all, current, past) on the front-end of the team page. So something like [roster_list show="current"]. As a bonus, disply any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a Pitch Count Days Rest Calculator

Youth Baseball (little league, high school, etc) use a pitch count days rest requirement to help save kids from being over worked and ultimately causing injuries early in life. Little League (as an example) has a table of # of pitches and the # of days rest required for each range, for instance 0-20 pitches need 0 days rest; 21-35 gets 1 days rest and so on. I currently have a simple excel equation that takes in the # of pitches provided and calculates the next day the player can pitch. I think it would be great if this could…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have presets for more esports

Themeboy should create an esports theme for download. Also create more options for more esports games, such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Rocketleague (BIG ONE)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock scores after a Team Manager/Staff/Player have submitted so that they cannot be changed.

Lock scores after a Team Manager/Staff/Player have submitted so that they cannot be changed. Only the League Manager or Administrator can change if needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Head to Head Event Overview

I run a large rugby website and would love to be able to show fixtures with a Head to Head overview of the event.

Something very similar to the current Gallagher Premiership rugby website here https://www.premiershiprugby.com/overview/?FixGuid=19EL6234#overview

This way we could see past meetings, total wins/losses/draws against the opponent and total number of matches they've played against each other.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Players Birthday Field

As a new user I was trying to find the birthday field, the support came back and told me there was none, just use the post date of the player.

Kind of poor design, so now I have an archive that dates back to 30-40 years old when wordpress didn't exists.

Hope this can be resolved.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Import Fixtures

Hello,
    This is the first season I've used SportpressPro and I think it's a great tool.

On the other hand, I think that at the level of importing matches, we could generalize to import several competitions at the same time.

Add in the CSV file the columns "League, Season, Home Result, Away Result" with the possibility of updating based on the reference "Match Day".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tournament registration

be able to create a empty tournament bracket where teams or players can register and pay to get in

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We need best out of 2 (Points difference) and best out of 3 in tournaments games

It is absolutely nessecary, when the mode is on tournaments, that in order to proceed, that we must have the ability to choose, which rounds are single mathc, which are double matches with point differnce and which are best out of 3. No even 1 serious tournament has only 1 game between the teams!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Esports League for Player v Player online competition

Would love to see the same features offered for team vs. team on SportsPress Pro but on a player vs. player level.
    - Player Registration
    - Player Ratings
    - Player Standings
    - Player Matches
    - Player Reporting Scores

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SportsPress should provide customer service chat

My wordpress host wpengine.com provide live chat support and it's instant and super awesome! They answer questions right away and send you on your way in minutes. The idea of having to submit tickets and way 24hrs is quite archaic and outdated when there are some many faster ways to communicate and keep those lines of communication open. I would pay for that because when it's crunch time and you are trying to setup a tournament, etc you need help TODAY! not tomorrrow or two days from now. That's one of the best things that you could do for your…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Birthday widget: Select staff and players only for the current season

Birthday widget: Select staff and players only for the current season

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display team formations (soccer formation in my case) on match' pages

I'd love to be able to display the team formation in the match page. Not just list the players but show where they play on the field.

Thanks! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. filter categories

1. We require filter drop down with auto suggestion/complete option
    2. Filter with category - we need to show only a particular category of matches in separate pages?
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alert When A Player Submits A Score For Review

There needs to be an alert of some kind that tells the Admin when a player has submitted a score for review. Currently, the only method is to go event by event to see if one has been submitted. For leagues and tournaments with 60, 80, or 100s of matches this is just not functional without some alert feature. Either on-screen within the event section page, in the dashboard, or via email.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to create a list of all clubs within a league in the same way as you can create a player list

I would like to be able to create a list of all the clubs that play in both my and other leagues so I can create a page showing the league structure tier by tier enabling me to create a directory of clubs in each league.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base