Ideaboard

Tips for getting more votes on your idea:

• Post one idea at a time. One clear idea is more likely to get votes than a post with an unclear ramble of ideas.
  • Finish the sentence: I want SportsPress to…
  • Post an idea, not a rant. You want people to understand your idea and vote for it, no one likes a complainer. Stay on topic.
  • Be kind. Please post your ideas and comments in a polite and constructive way. Rude comments and irrelevant posts will be removed.
  • Please do not post spam. This includes, but is not limited to: multiple or identical posts, commercial or personal advertisements, and links to your website or blog.
  • Questions? If you have any questions in regards to SportsPress, you can post them in the Community Forum.
  1. 先攻と後攻

先攻と後攻の順番を自由に帰れるようにしてほしい。
    ウィジットの表示と違うので困っています。

I want you to be able to return freely the order of the first and the second.
    I am in trouble because it is different from the widget display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a template for individual sport with time results which is classics for many sports.

It feels like SportsPress is currently all about team sports but it would be nice if it could be also that flexible for classic individual sports like track & field, swimming, speed skating, short track etc. Please make at least one template for them or explain how to make it ourself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include Loan Option in Player Profiles

Having spoke to the Sportspress Support Team, they have asked me to post this feature on the idea board.

It would be great if there was an option to check in the player profiles section if the player is at the club on loan and the option to add which team they are on loan from.

We have 4 players on loan this season but they just look like they are signed like all our players, unless we put (loan) in the name part. This is the only way to add if the player is on loan.

Can this be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Last Games

Ability to display the last five games between two team in the event preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. square root and raised to the power of in the statistics formulas

have square root and raised to the power of in the statistics formulas etc as some formulas such as RATING have complex formulas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto complete the second round of season fixtures

A autocolplete feature for the second half of a season would be nice.
    At least in Germany the season exists always of two halfs of round robin tournaments. So if the first half is over, the fixtures of the second half is the same as that of firt, only the visitor and home team are switched.
    So an auto generate feature of the second half would bring a great time saver for data input. Only the date/time has to be inputed for the second part of the season.
    I weould suggest a "normal starting time" for every team and so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Batch uploading events - make EVENT NAME a field instead of TEAM1 vs TEAM2

I upload 150+ events to cover a local high school sports competition. There are 5-20 teams that participate in each competition. What I would like to have is in an up loadable format is the following fields:

1. Date
    2. Location
    3. Event Name (Eastview Invitational or Southwest Metro Conference Meet)
    4. The teams participating (up to 25 teams)...it would be even better if we could put in a competition tag and SportsPress pre-fill the teams based on the tag.

Does this make sense? I can send over a txt file for your reference. I don't have hours to manually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team rosters on team pages (i.e. connect Teams, Players)

Rather than having to create a separate player list for each team (a royal pain with many leagues/teams), integrate teams and players.

Ideally, this would mean that a roster of players (all, current, past) could be created/viewed on the team page editor itself. Adding a new player via the editor would then automatically add the team as current to this player, assuming he's not already associated.

Then, it would be possible with a single shortcode to display the roster (again: all, current, past) on the front-end of the team page. So something like [roster_list show="current"]. As a bonus, disply any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Match Generator

So if you have consistent number of team and match, it really doesn’t seem to be an easy walk to create manually that overwhelming number of matches, different match days, and seasons on you web site.
    here a basic func. minimal indication:
    -Generates matchdays and matches automatically.
    -Supports Group,Robin Round, Knockout, Double elim. matchday types.
    -Full integration into Sportpress pro.
    -Have a simple and intuitive configuration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Archive Seasons - Easier & Faster Way

I would like to see an easier way to archive seasons once they are complete, so you can auto create a new season and set that season as Primary - then any other seasons become archived.

Another great feature would be the ability to have a sub section under Players that has Archived Players or something like that so it doesn't take ages to choose the team that played the match each week because your scrolling through hundreds of players.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reverse Fixture

A button that quickly reverse the fixture in Tournaments if you draw at home but cancel the game weather injuries etc the punishment is you lose home advantage and you then have to reverse the fixture.

A button to do this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Score Managment

As a month builds up it gets tricky to key the scores in it woudl be very handy if SP could filter for no results submitted ie result = null

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. League Managment

whilst sportspress is great at putting up allready generated fixutres it woudl be great if it coudl manger fixtures also

For instance each club in each division plays each other club twice home and Away. So Sportspress could generate the fixtures all as TBC and then the league manager could pick games to play on a week.

Or if Sport press knew how many pitches a team had it could schedule the games each week it self.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage multiple leagues

I'm currently using another plug in to manage a site that has multiple leagues. It's cumbersome to use but it's the only one I can find. Does SportsPress allow for multiple leagues? My sight focuses on high school american football. There are 8 leagues with multiple divisions (called regions) in each league.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import Gamechanger CSV file (Game stats)

Being able to import GameChanger (Baseball / Softball) stats for an event would be incredible. I'd easily throw money at Pro.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. get league manager role for more competitions/leagues

Like the team manager role where you can limit the role of one or more teams, I'd like to have a league manager role where you can limit the competitions/leagues.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make shortcodes more versatile

By more versatile, I mean with the ability to add more parameters within the shortcode itself. Specifically, parameters that would limit results by team(s), competitions(s) and season(s).

So for example [player_list id="1234" team="ravens" comp="2014"] would show stats for all players on the ravens in the 2014 season.

As well (and possibly more important) the shortcode should be contextual, in that it could display results based on the page in which it's placed. So if a player list is set to appear on team pages, it could be set to show only the players on that team.

These changes would cut…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some new features in Sportpress Pro for Basketball Association

Hi,

I really like your plugin, but it lacks certain features my client would really like (in fact, my client insists on them, so ia have to do it manualy for now :(). My client is Basketball association.

Here are some ideas:

1. Detailed team (club) statistics
    - here i would like to see some history data per competition for a team (if my team in this season is involved in 3 leagues and in previus season was involved in 5 leagues, i would like to see some data for that), for i.e.: table with columns season, league, team, position,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable the option to hide dates in Events on Calendar, List, and Blocks views (Scoreboard already has that option).

Every time my client has to cancel a match date, has to manually move forward every match day one week in order to the players don't get confused about that. It would be much easier not no show that date as it happens with the ScoreBoard view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SportsPress Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. display Team of the Week

This abbility can be done by adding match day filter to create "Team of the Week" player list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base