Ideaboard

Tips for getting more votes on your idea:

• Post one idea at a time. One clear idea is more likely to get votes than a post with an unclear ramble of ideas.
  • Finish the sentence: I want SportsPress to…
  • Post an idea, not a rant. You want people to understand your idea and vote for it, no one likes a complainer. Stay on topic.
  • Be kind. Please post your ideas and comments in a polite and constructive way. Rude comments and irrelevant posts will be removed.
  • Please do not post spam. This includes, but is not limited to: multiple or identical posts, commercial or personal advertisements, and links to your website or blog.
  • Questions? If you have any questions in regards to SportsPress, you can post them in the Community Forum.
  1. Coach table

Include the ability to create a coaches table so the short code for ALL coaches assigned to a team can be easily displayed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Events to dissapear once the current date passes the event date

You have to wade through all the events of the past to get to the current event. I don't want to see a scheduled game from May 4th if today is June 12th

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. American Handball Doubles - Singles

We really need a set up for individual player sports like American handball. The sport is played with "matches" either singles or doubles. There are Mens, Women's and age divisions. We really don't need much more than W or L for that. The players play in a bracket like system until the winner takes all..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow shortcode columns option to specify column order

It would be nice if you could specify the order of columns within the shortcode options. I know that you set the overall column order in the configuration screens, and you can limit which columns show using the columns= option in the shortcode. However, there are times when I want the columns in a different order for a specific table.

I notice that you specify each column in the columns option, but it would be nice if the order they were put in the option string is the order the columns appeared (overriding the global sort/order value).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to have custom text display if data table is empty (event or league)

It would be nice if I could specify, with a shortcode option, the text/message that is displayed when a table has no data.
    Specific use case: I have a page that has an event-list shortcode that displays today's schedule. If there are no games today, it says "No data available in table". It would be much more user friendly if I could have it say "No games scheduled for today".

I have another event list that shows this weeks games. I would like it to say "no games scheduled this week" instead of no data in table.

Example:
    [event_list id="105"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add More Player Statuses In Event Table

Would like to see more player statuses added to the event page so that players can be categorized in more detailed ways instead of only who did and did not play.

Player Status:
    Starting Lineup
    Substitute
    Injured
    Suspended

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Players points per game/shots per round

The Ability to make a Playerslist of a specific player and the amount of points has had per specific game. Or as in my case with Golf, I would like to have a list of the scores of one player on ever each and one of his rounds.
    eg:
    John Jones
    22/2 - 78
    29/2 - 82
    30/2 - 76
    4/3 - 90

Thank you for a great plugin!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Iimport events, players, teams with accent

Ability to import data from events , teams, players written with accents in languages ​​that use accents

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bodybuilding and fitness athletes and events

Bodybuilding contests are events, with different divisions (height/weight/age) where competitors are placed from 1st to last - usually without any public scores. Is it possible to incorporate such a scenario in Sportspress?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championship Organization

Customize WordPress to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Organizations!
    You can add Teams, Athletes, Championships, Brackets, Divisions, Weight Divisions, Belt Divisions, Age Division, Online Membership Registration, Online Championships Registration, Results, Statistics (By Championship, By Team, By Athlete, By Country, By Medals, Ranking, History Database, Technique Database).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. External Widgets (League, Stats, ...)

Within a multisite its quite easy to share widgets (like overall stats), but its unlikely that all teams are part of that multi site. So it would be useful to have the possibility to make those things available to other teams as real widgets to integrate into their website. Like generating a widget-code and make it public to share.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. limit the number lines in the table, matches and results on the club page

v2 now adds a default template for clubs that includes the ability to include a table, upcoming matches and results on the page. Unfortunately, there is no ability to limit the information displayed.

For example, this page lists the entire table, upcoming results and matches based on the global settings.

http://russellvalefootball.com/team/russell-vale-fc-2/

It would be great to override these defaults. For example, I'd only like to show 3 rows for the table, two upcoming matches and the last two results. These could have a see more link (if chosen).

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow first column of stat tables sticky/locked on scroll and add decimals to formula constants

I think the option to make the first column on the performance and stats tables would be beneficial. Such as for QBs, we have CMP, ATT, PYDS, TDs, INTs, RUSHATT, RUSHYDS, and RUSHTDs. So by the time you scroll all the way to the right side of the table, you get lost in which players statistics you are looking at.

But I guess the correct term would to make the first column "sticky" or "locked" in order that the players' names will be beside their stats as you scroll through columns 2 through 10, 11, 12. etc.

Also, I wanted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Removing table name

Ability to show or not show the league title in the widget

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Building a Baseball Website

I am trying to convince my baseball league to use your product but they are resistant. Do you have examples of a baseball using sport press and a template?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have a sliding header option instead of a permanent header

Have a sliding header option instead of a permanent header

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make team abbreviations an option in calendars and league tables.

Make it an option at calendar or league table creation time. It is currently an on or off ONLY option. It should be left up to the league manager's discretion to either show abbrevations or the entire team name.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable players to inform coaches if they can't make a match.

It would be great if a player on a team could register or let the coach know if they can or can't play on a given day. This helps the coach know if they are short players BEFORE game day.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Split stats by position

It's great that you've started to seperate stats based on offense/defence. You need to go one further by splitting based on position. In American football, the QB usually has a different set of stats than the rest of offense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dinamically change league table on widget

League tables take a lot of space, so i would be convenient to have drop down above it to select another league table.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base