Ideaboard

Tips for getting more votes on your idea:

• Post one idea at a time. One clear idea is more likely to get votes than a post with an unclear ramble of ideas.
  • Finish the sentence: I want SportsPress to…
  • Post an idea, not a rant. You want people to understand your idea and vote for it, no one likes a complainer. Stay on topic.
  • Be kind. Please post your ideas and comments in a polite and constructive way. Rude comments and irrelevant posts will be removed.
  • Please do not post spam. This includes, but is not limited to: multiple or identical posts, commercial or personal advertisements, and links to your website or blog.
  • Questions? If you have any questions in regards to SportsPress, you can post them in the Community Forum.
  1. Allow ties in Baseball. Not usual, but sometimes the case for younger age levels

Please allow ties in the Baseball standings/results. I know it's not a typical result, but in the younger kid levels that still have standings, or weather or daylight shortened games, there can be ties.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Staff Schedules

We use this plugin to run several basketball leagues. Having a staff schedule for the games would be great. I would use it as a list format, listing the people scheduled to work instead of the team names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. include easy game reporting.

The first edit is creation of a new page called “Report” under ‘Events’ in the Dashboard. This page shows only published games with a publish date that has passed – and (this is the tricky part) that have not been assigned a score. Hovering over the link of the game would show “Edit” only – “quick edit”, “trash”, “view”, and “edit results” are all not useful for this page.

With the Wordpress plugin “Adminimize” you can control what pages certain users can access in the Dashboard. What I’m proposing is a 1-page, dead simple way for teams to report on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ticketing system integration

It would be great to allow events to be integrated with an event ticketing plugin (such as the open source opentickets.com) - currently we would have to use a separate event calendar for match ticket sales as well as the Sportspress events. An integrated solution would prevent the need to manage two event calendars

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Event attendance

We would like to record the attendance alfor each event ie how many people watched the match

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Division Record

I would love to see the ability to list records for teams or individual players within their division (and outside of, also). Whether this be creating a formula under the Configure section (creating a table), or something else, not sure how - but this would be a very useful feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add the ability to categorize and tag events

I use the article section of the events to write up a news story of the match along with videos and pictures and the like. I would like to be able to categorize and tag these articles so that they are easy to find and all linked together.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make player lists more automatic

i hope i am explaining this correctly but, when i make a player list i want to be able to say just goalies, from a specific competition, from a specific season, from all teams. then the same for my forwards and defenders or any other position i setup.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Could you add stolen bases and sacrifices in baseball

Could you add stolen bases and sacrifices in baseball, Add hit by pitch, stolen bases, fielder choice, reach on error and all pitching stats like game started, inning pitched, runs, earned runs, hits, strike outs, base on balls, etc
    please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live text commentary

I feel this would take sportspress to the next level, to have live commentary of an event on your own website. For example you could cover every single game of your teams matches. The commentary would be put into a post that updates automatically.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Extensive darts options

I'm having a hard time keeping it all to date. I have to make an event for each and every match played in a competition, which is tedious and time-consuming. It would be better if there was a possibility administrate the competition as a whole, only to add details to each individual match at some different time (details like averages, 180's). In other words, the most important thing is the result and players involved, instead of the event. Most players are looking primary to the result tables, not to the event details.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add field number to event.

some venues have multiple fields. would be nice to be able to indicate which field your game is on

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Featured Player Widget

A feature that would allow us to display a featured player for a selected season would be great.

Similar to the "player gallery" widget, but show a random player, rather than the same player every time the page reloads.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for games with more than one leg in a tournament

A lot of competitions have a team playing more than one leg in order to determine the winner. The team will play home and away and the winner is the team with the highest aggregate score.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic recurring events.

With this update you can put for example training sessions on every monday and wednesday till the end of year. How cool is that!! Also it would be nice if there's a "training session" mode in the event manager.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Encorage players to interact with each other by rewarding bonus points

I want SportsPress to be more social & let each player/team post pictures/videos/status of the events/games they have that updates their own teams page (like an activity wall in FB) which other teams can check out. Extra Points are rewarded to most active players/team :)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display League Leaders

A new dynamic player list that shows to the top 5 players leading in some category. AKA Top 5 Goal Scorers, etc. Basically it would sort through an existing player list by a certain category (highest or lowest) and then only display the top 5 players on that list.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a combobox in the League Table Widget itself so people can choose which league they want to display

Would be awesome for people to change between league tables within the widget itself, so my viewers can choose which league table they want to see and it should be refreshed on the way (AJAX)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Statistics - team vs team (in the league).

Statistics for team vs team (in the league).
    eg. quantity of goals, won, lost and draws matches, the number of yellow and red cards.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base