I want SportsPress to...

Make Import more flexible

Now, import for players works only with fields, that are in your sample CSV file. Make it to recognize other fields by column name.
And it will be super handy to have ability to export the data that I already have to CSV and then make changes, maybe add some new data and import it all back.

80 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MichaelMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • stevesteve commented  · 

For a pro stats program to NOT have full import export functions is really an amateur move. I don't think you realize just how many leagues are not using this because of this very issue. I have wanted to use this for several years now, i still really want to use it but no proper import and non existing export is making me feel very nervous with my 15+ years of stats to load.

The other thing you need to get a grip on is that voting up these features is all fine and dandy but the leagues that need proper import export functions aren't using sportspress because they don't want to loose their stats and that means they aren't voting for anything!

SportsPress is already the best wordpress addon for stats out there and if you only worked on import export functions you would be miles ahead.. it's a real shame . . because anyone who is serious about their league stats cannot live without these features period. Not something that should be begged for on an idea board year after year as it's a standard requirement for a pro product.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, it shouldn't just CREATE it needs to be fully CRUD!

• petrik88petrik88 commented  · 

Please add possibility to import birthdate, number and metrics of player.
        Match day, Referee, Power play, Power play goals (PPG), Shorthanded goals (SHG), Vissitors for import of events.

Many thanks!

Peter

• Raymond Gotha IIRaymond Gotha II commented  · 

Being able to upload the Match Day through the CSV import, would save me sooooo much time. Exporting would be great also

• Anonymous commented  · 

Am just starting to use SportsPress, so am uploading all of last season's broomball data into it. I am working from the events-sample.cvs template (which, by the way, does not map to the generic custom format--though it didn't take me long to figure out how to address this issue).

I checked the help topics at ThemeBoy and found the "import" guidance. It was somewhat helpful, but disconcerting in that it said the listing provided may not map to my particular sport. That may be true, but I need to know more than just it isn't necessarily going to work.

Are the fields listed there all the available fields? (more on this below) The competition, season, and one other field were only needed once per import, but somehow didn't get picked up when I included them as shown on the events-sample.csv. There was no guidance as to how to depict these global variables.

I included final scores as "Results", but this didn't get picked up. I think it is because I built my site off the "hockey" template which lists three periods and overtime. I don't have that; only the final scores. I think I probably should be using the "|" divider, but not certain and the documentation does not explain. If I only have a final score, do I enter it as 0|0|0|3 for three goals, not knowing which periods they were scored in? Can I omit the overtime column, or do I need to include it for every entry? [I know this is an ideaboard, so I am not expecting an answer here--just showing what my confusion is.]

IDEA SUGGESTION: So I am importing a past season (something suggested in the tutorials that a new user might want to do.) And I assume I will eventually figure out how to get the results in. But my final season has a recap article written about every game. I would love to be able to enter that into a column, but the importer does not appear to support doing so. It would be helpful to be able to do that.

• Gareth BisslandGareth Bissland commented  · 

This seems like a no brainer. It would be great addition.
        We are going to need to do a bulk change of locations/grounds for a season. This would make it much easier.

It seems to be a double up of another suggestion with equally as many votes. They should be combined.
        https://sportspress.uservoice.com/forums/285525-ideaboard/suggestions/10204674-import-table

Even an add-on for WP-All Import which could take care of this:
        http://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/addon-dev/overview/

Cheers

• JorisJoris commented  · 

be more flexible with import and export fixtures and events. Our club plays in different competitions and I have to manually fix the import file to make it fit the import table. I would like to see an importer that allows me to identify the column when I am importing it. In other words fix the file online. Allowing to import all possible data, like match day, match ID number, result at half time, result at full time etc. This way I can easily upload different formats of data in the database of SportPress.

• stansstans commented  · 

Yes! Ability to export league data back into CSV. If I'm able to import data using a CSV file then there should be option available to export it back into CSV so that it can be used for any future changes, backups; or to use it to create a new season. Having current export option of only an XLS format is no use for me so having additional option exporting into CSV would be a big benefit of re-usability for me. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

The ability to export current data, edit and then import again (updating and not creating new entries) would be very powerful, especially when making a large number of changes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base