I want SportsPress to...

Conditional Player Lists

When creating a player list, leave a place to put in criteria that the player must reach to be on this list.
So for example if you're making a League Leaders list, you only want it to show the players that have played in greater than 'x' number of games, or had 'x' of At Bats per game.
This is important to have because you get people who have 1 at bat and get 1 hit so their avg. is 1.000 and they always lead the list, rather than someone who is 25 for 50. .500

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Qualified Leaders - this is ideal - if we can even have a separation to indicate that the list only contains qualified leaders - and an option to view the unfiltered list (also some indication to what the qualifications are - min. 10 ABs, min 5 IP, etc.)

• Mark Edgeley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely.
    For a football site I'd like the goal scorers list just to be those with goals > 0
    Same for yellow / red cards - again only display those > 0

And to be able to create Top 5/Top 10 lists etc. would be great.

• Mike Loveday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I keep all-time leaders list, but I cap the leaders at 400 points. As of now, any player I add, no matter the points gets added to the list.

I want to put criteria on those lists, so not everyone in the system get added.

Feedback and Knowledge Base