I want SportsPress to...

allow teams to be associated to different competitions each season.

Sometimes, a club plays on one competition on one season, and changes to another on the next season (for example: goes from Second to First Division).
Now in Sportspress, competitions aren't linked to seasons, so if I add my team to First Division in 2016, it will appear on the table of First Division in every season, even in 2015 when my club played on Second Division. This also makes the filters useless.
So, for each season, you should be able to select in which competition participated each team.
Thanks!

62 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Trauma717 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

almost three years and still no fix for this with a lot of votes smh.. a little disappointing. it just hit me this morning on how this would be an "easy" fix or one that would work splendidly.

when adding players to teams each year, you must click each individual player and select their team for the correct competition for that year. So if they played First Division in 2016 but Second Division in 2017, you have to select those options from a dropdown on each player profile right now so that the correct stats show up under their profile.

to fix this solution for the team issue, do something similar!! allow us an option on each team page in the backend to select the year and division the team is assigned to that year. For example, the Steelers team can allow me to assign the team to First Division in 2016 and Second Division in 2017.. Doing this would resolve this whole fiasco and headache of an issue and would allow us all to keep history accordingly without sacrificing a bunch of time or headaches on a "band-aid" work around that gets really sloppy with a bunch of duplicate work.. can this PLEASE be an update that gets released this year?! I will honestly pay additional for it if need be, but this would be an absolute lifesaver for a lot of people!

• Glyn Balsdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had the same issue with teams being promoted/demoted.
        Our solution was to create manual archives each season for each division and use a plugin to bulk move teams to the archive divisions to speed up the process. Works but over time will result in a long list of old divisions clogging up the system, plus the manual process of creating the archive and manual archive pages each season.

• Vasil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wrote lot of custom code in order to make this plugin in some way usable to manage sportsleague

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've added this issue, so we had to create them as separate leagues/tournaments each year.

For example

Example Tournament becomes Example Tournament 2016, it makes seasons and stuff useless. :(

• Pete Kloehn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue as Players and Staff has in the Plugin.

The Plugin appears to view everything as a 1-to-1 relationship, where they should be 1-to-many based on year. And in some cases (Staff) it's impossible to assign a person to multiple jobs and have anything but the 1st assignment display.

It flat doesn't handle a staff promotion year-on-year and be able to retain historic data on the staff or player.

Feedback and Knowledge Base