I want SportsPress to...

allow teams to be associated to different competitions each season.

Sometimes, a club plays on one competition on one season, and changes to another on the next season (for example: goes from Second to First Division).
Now in Sportspress, competitions aren't linked to seasons, so if I add my team to First Division in 2016, it will appear on the table of First Division in every season, even in 2015 when my club played on Second Division. This also makes the filters useless.
So, for each season, you should be able to select in which competition participated each team.
Thanks!

42 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Hi Vasil, can you help me with this.

• Vasil commented  · 

I wrote lot of custom code in order to make this plugin in some way usable to manage sportsleague

• Anonymous commented  · 

We've added this issue, so we had to create them as separate leagues/tournaments each year.

For example

Example Tournament becomes Example Tournament 2016, it makes seasons and stuff useless. :(

• Pete Kloehn commented  · 

Same issue as Players and Staff has in the Plugin.

The Plugin appears to view everything as a 1-to-1 relationship, where they should be 1-to-many based on year. And in some cases (Staff) it's impossible to assign a person to multiple jobs and have anything but the 1st assignment display.

It flat doesn't handle a staff promotion year-on-year and be able to retain historic data on the staff or player.

• Anonymous commented  · 

this should be standard. Is the plug-in really to manage a sports leauge?

Feedback and Knowledge Base