Box score to support players with same name
If a player name is duplicated across teams (ie, two teams have players named "Smith"), importing box scores for an event may attribute those box scores for the wrong player.
– Create four teams
– Add random players to the teams
– Have “Smith” on every team
– Create events for the four teams to play each other
– Add box scores for the events
– See the box score stats could be attributed to a particular “Smith”, regardless if they’re on the team
– They appear to be attributed to the first occurrence of “Smith”, but I’m not sure
Player names can duplicate across teams (with the same or different roster number), and even within the same team (but with a unique roster number).
When importing box scores, there’s no option to add the roster number, so a #1 Smith and a #2 Smith – siblings for the same team – get their box score stats mixed.
A possible solution would be:
– Add a column for roster number in the CSV upload
– Add a check when importing the data to ensure the name/number for a player exists for that team
Scott Freeman commented
Bump on this one - it's causing a lot of data issues for our implementation, and I see this as a bug rather than a feature request.