Allow more customization of player profile pages
Allow us to customize our player profile pages more:
- Option to pick and choose which players details to show on the page
- Option to re-arrange and display the players details on the page differently (ie: some info below the photo, some on the right of the photo)
- Option to move the Players Bio up beside the photo, instead of underneath all the players stats.
- re-arrange the order of the stats performance tables (seasons, exhibition, playoff games stats, ie: placing season before playoffs)
- option to click to show total stats line (ie: career of all seasons as one total line) - currently you cant click to show this line, only the seasons.
- Option to split batting stats and pitching stats if the player is a pitcher (ie. baseball), and to display them in different tables or lines for each season. This will prevent lots of right scrolling in the current table of stats.
Brian Miyaji commented
We're aiming to release version 2.0 the middle of next week. The latest version can also be downloaded via GitHub if you're keen to try out the new features :)
Nice to hear that customization will be possible, any idea of when this 2.0 version will be on line?
Brian Miyaji commented
Thanks for all your comments on this idea. I'm happy to announce that we are adding most of these features to SportsPress v2.0 due to be released this month!
1. A drag-and-drop interface is being added to change the layout of player profile pages. This is a global setting that will affect all profiles at the same time.
2. A switch is also being added to each section of the layout to show or hide that section.
3. The player bio can also be dragged into any order within the template. Depending on your theme, you may need to add a line of CSS to make it float next to the photo.
4. An "order" option is being added to competitions and seasons, which will default to 0 and can be set to change the order of the statistics table.
5. A global option is being added to select whether totals should be displayed in player statistics. This will default to false (off) and can be changed via Player Settings.
6. A global option is being added to split statistics into offense (batting) and defense (pitching) or to combine them (default setting).
I'll post an update here once the new version has been released :)
I'd looooooooove to be able to hide certain seasons from certain players. Not everyone plays in each season but the row shows up anyways. Some people don't play in all the competitions but that shows up anyways too. There's a lot of unnecessary tables in the statistics portion.
I voted 3 votes.
Katherine Walter commented
I have it set up with regular season and postseason competitions. The player page places these competitions in alphabetical order. Would love see the ability to put the regular season stats before the postseason stats. Just makes sense!
This is a very good idea!
I'm running a Sportspress website for Under-9 soccer competition and I would love to have profile customization. For example up to 5 questions answerred by each player, such as "who is your favorite player?" and "What team do you support?"
I voted 3 points for this!
Best regards, Roel
Daniel Litj-Foxn Andersen commented
This is probably the best idea I've seen on this site. I've been looking everywhere for this feature.
My email address is email@example.com
Dayne Brizan commented
What's your email address ?