I want SportsPress to...

Addition of Officials/Referees

Addition of officials or referees that are given the same status as teams, i.e: they show up on event lists/blocks.

This is good for small, local competitions where the event is often officiated by experienced players.

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

extqrtextqrt shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree to - this is VERY exactly what we NEED for our competitions!

• Anonymous commented  · 

In classic individual sports like track and field, gymnastics, speed skatng etc. a jury team often consist of 30-50 people with different roles. That means that there is a necessity to deal with jury members similarly like with players for game sports but independently. And they change their roles from one event to another so it is important to see separate statistics how many events were judged by this person during a particular season and at which positions. Maybe even to have an opportunity to assign points for each event depending on role taken with the calculation of total points rating in the season.

Many sports also have different categories for jury members (like 1,2,3, national, international etc.) and that would be nice to have an opportunity to reflect that if jury member profile and in statistics tables. They also need to pass courses and tests to confirm their grade or get the next one and this is difficult to control without having all that data in one place. So there is plenty of work in that respect.

I keep open for discussion of any issues and tasks related to jury members/referees on this feature implementation stage as I am one of those myself.

• John KilbankJohn Kilbank commented  · 

I will add my voice to the chorus requesting this feature! It would also be nice to have a game reporting / discipline system for suspensions, etc.

• Alex DowdingAlex Dowding commented  · 

This is the only element that another system in use by our league does better, currently holding up the decision to switch to Sportspress. Please make this a priority, it will be very well recieved

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great and absolutely this required ( There is no match without a referees )
        also a bit of imput:
        -Availability of arbitrators
        -Arbitration proposal (also in their own area),
        -Acceptance of the match,
        -Payment of performance

• Roy DefRoy Def commented  · 

Great idea! for such a good plugin! I need this for a large youth league with 100 referees

• Roy DefRoy Def commented  · 

Yes I totally agree! I need to add referees to each game also, to one of the biggest youth leagues in England. I have the Pro Agency license but I don't see the capability to do this. We also would like to give to be able to rate the referee performance (out of 100) and also the home club hospitality.

• ThemeBoyAdminThemeBoy (Admin, ThemeBoy) commented  · 

Thanks for contributing! We are always looking for ways to improve SportsPress, so we really appreciate your feedback. Feel free to share this around to get it voted up to the top!

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

Not ideal, but I've managed to use the Matchdays field to achieve this, in combination with changing the display text in Sportspress -> Settings -> Text

• Anonymous commented  · 

Design the web page to suit the needs of a Referee Society rather than a team or league. So rather than games, we'd need appointments. Teams/players, we would need Officials etc.

• Kirk W.Kirk W. commented  · 

I came here to post this exact suggestion! The ability to assign officials and use SportsPress as a scheduling solution for referees would be huge!

I'm in the process of attempting a workaround using "Team Staff" that are assigned to every team in every league, but it looks like it's shaping up to be clunky at best.

• Xavier MartinXavier Martin commented  · 

Yes, please, we need a referees adiction, and supports

• Savvas HadjigeorgiouSavvas Hadjigeorgiou commented  · 

You should be able to add multiple "extra fields" to matc events, the same as for Players (metrics)

• markymarky commented  · 

this is a MUST HAVE feature!
        lack of this feature is a BUG in such a system like a SportPress

• Tony ErikssonTony Eriksson commented  · 

Yes, this feature would be very much appreciated.

• Jamie HarrisonJamie Harrison commented  · 

I'm admin of a cricket league and assigning umpires to each fixture would be extremely useful.

• johnnyjohnny commented  · 

Hi.
        Sorry for my English. It is a good idea can add a referee to each match. in the soccer is very important know who is the referee to each match.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We have Refs that need to see what events they have been assigned to. We need a Ref schedule (or have them listed on lists like above says!)

• MikaelMikael commented  · 

Any plans to add the possibility to add referees to each game? Depending of the sport 1-5 referees. Our sport has two referees. We are thinking of buying a Pro license, but really need the possibility to display the referees.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base