I want SportsPress to...

Create a Track and Field preset

Currently, there's nothing in wordpress that a track team could use to track their individual track meets, meet events, and individual stats without a lot of customization and configuration.

Sportspress has the ideal setup, but requires a alot of customization for track and field.

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Arnecia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joseph Hurley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting for this, though it might be nice to get official word if it's even possible. I understand that the way the dataset is organized, it may simply not be a supportable model. Might be a completely different product... in which case... someone should jump on that! :)

• Joe Niemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You do not have to change the 1 team vs 1 team if you were to do a track & field preset. I have done as much as I can with www.evotrackclub.com. The only thing I am missing is the calculation to classify an athletes PB (personal best) in an event, whether it is a timed event (track event) or a distance event (field event). The calculation needs to be able to measure the times of a certain event and see which is the fastest (lest amount of time). Same with the events measuring a distance. The last thing that would be needed it adding milliseconds to the time varable.

• Joe Niemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am modifying sportspress the best I can for a track & field club right now (http://37.60.252.162/~evolut65/). The 1 team vs 1 team is not a problem and track and field clubs are not worried about all the other teams that are participating in the track meet. They really just want a place to track their athletes performances. The issue that I have run into is that the time field does not support miliseconds (0:12.67) and I have not figured out a way to create a calculation that will give me an athletes PR (Personal Record) in an event, time or distance, without >< in the calculations.

Does this make sense?

• Sam M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is difficult to take a system designed for 1 team vs 1 team and make it capable of handling a match where 1 team vs N teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long time would it take for you to customize the sportspress plugin to Track and Field?
        Send me an e-mail to: henrik@photohouse.se
        I am willing to pay for you to do the job :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base